Last updated: September 8, 2016
- Information Collected From You on the Site
Information You Submit to Us
You may provide information to us through the Site, such as:
- Your name
- Your email address
- Information in your resume
- Any other information that you choose to provide us when you send us a message.
Information that is Passively or Automatically Collected
Cookies are files that websites and online services create and access on your computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify your browser or to store information or settings on your device. Our Site may use HTTP cookies, HTML5 cookies, Flash cookies and other types of local storage (such as browser-based or plugin-based local storage). Your browser may tell you how to be notified when you receive certain types of cookies and how to restrict or disable certain cookies. We may also use Flash Cookies for the same purposes discussed above. You may be able to delete your Flash cookies or adjust your Flash cookie settings by visiting the Adobe Flash Website Storage Settings Manager by following Adobe’s instructions here. Please note, however, that without cookies or local storage you may not be able to use all of the features of our Site.
- Use of Your Information
We use the information we collect to operate the Site and for other purposes, which may include to generate advertising-related revenue that supports the Site. Uses may include:
- To respond to your requests for information, inquiries or job applications;
- To provide customized content to you;
- To communicate with you in connection with the Site and to send you updates, newsletters and other information;
- To create, tailor, deliver and study the effectiveness of advertising and promotional material both on and off of the Site, as well as for analytics (including as described in the Analytics, Advertising and Do-Not-Track section below);
- To improve the Site and to research and develop innovative features and new services;
- To create aggregated, anonymized or de-identified information, which we may use and disclose without restriction; and
- Sharing Your Information
We may share your information with third parties to operate the Site and for related purposes. For example, we may share your information:
- With companies that perform service for us, with us, or on our behalf, including without limitation providers of technical infrastructure and support and delivery of email;
- Without restriction when the information is aggregated, anonymized or de-identified;
- In connection with significant corporate events (for example, we may share or disclose information we have about you in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets — such as in connection with a merger, acquisition, reorganization, bankruptcy, dissolution or liquidation — or if we take steps in anticipation of any such event);
- When we believe in good faith that such sharing is reasonably necessary in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding possible unlawful activities or to comply with legal process or other legal requirements;
- When we deem disclosure appropriate to protect the rights, property and safety of us, our employees, users, or another person or entity (the disclosures described here may involve the sharing of your information with, for example, law enforcement, government agencies, courts, or other parties); and
- In any other circumstance where we have your consent or are otherwise permitted by law to share it.
- Analytics, Advertising and Do-Not-Track
Online Analytics Providers
To help us better understand your use of the Site, we may use third-party analytics on our Site, such as those of Google Analytics. These third parties use the sorts of technologies described in the “Information that is Passively or Automatically Collected Information” section above to help us analyze how users use the Site, including by noting the third-party website from which you arrive. The information (including your IP address) collected by the technology will be disclosed to or collected directly by these service providers, who use the information to evaluate your use of the Services and share that information with us. To prevent Google Analytics from using your information for analytics, you may install the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on by clicking here.
Advertising Technology Providers
Data about your activities on our Site may be collected by us or by advertising technology providers for use in delivering advertising (both online and offline) tailored to your individual characteristics, activities, interests and other factors. These ad services may track your online activities over time by collecting information through automated means, including through the use of the automated technologies described above, and they may use this information, and other information they receive from us or other sources, to deliver advertisements to you when you are using the Site and/or when you are using other websites or services. We and third-party vendors may use first-party cookies and third-party cookies together, and other automated technologies, and in some cases additional information, (i) to inform, optimize, and serve ads based on past visits to our Site or other factors and (ii) to report how ad impressions, other uses of ad Sites, and interactions with these ad impressions and ad Sites are related to visits to our Site or other factors.
You may visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s Consumer Opt-Out page or the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Consumer Opt-Out page to opt out of receiving tailored advertising based on your Internet browsing activities from companies that participate in those programs. We do not control these opt-out mechanisms. Some of our advertising-related activities may involve the services of companies that do not participate in those programs. The opt-outs apply only to the browser in which you set them. For example, if you set the opt-out while using Firefox, but then use Chrome, the opt-out will not be active in Chrome. To opt out in Chrome, you will need to repeat the opt-out process when using Chrome.
Do Not Track Disclosure
Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that users can set in certain web browsers. DNT is a way for users to inform websites and services that they do not want certain information about their webpage visits collected over time and across websites or online services. We are committed to providing you with meaningful choices about the information collected on the Site for third party purposes, and that is why we provide links to the Network Advertising Initiative and the Digital Advertising Alliance opt-out pages, as well as choices provided by Google Analytics. However, we do not recognize or respond to browser-initiated DNT signals, as the Internet industry is currently still working toward defining exactly what DNT means, what it means to comply with DNT, and a common approach to responding to DNT. To learn more about Do Not Track, you can do so here.
- Updating Your Information
If you need to update, correct, amend or delete your information, please contact us at [email protected] To the extent reasonably possible, we will address your request.
We have implemented security measures to protect against the loss, misuse and/or alteration of your information. These safeguards vary based on the sensitivity of the information that we collect and store. However, we cannot and do not guarantee that these measures will prevent every unauthorized attempt to access, use, or disclose your information since despite our efforts, no Internet and/or other electronic transmissions can be completely secure.
- Third Party Links and Sites
- Your California Privacy Rights
- Information from Children
We do not knowingly collect any personal information directly from children under the age of 13. If we discover we have received any personal information from a child under the age of 13 in violation of this Policy, we will take reasonable steps to delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe we have any information from or about anyone under the age of 13, please contact us at the email address listed below.
- International Users
The Site is operated in the United States and is governed by United States law. If you are a resident of the European Union or other location outside the United States, please be advised that any information you provide to the Firm through the Site will be transferred to the United States for certain processing/hosting operations. By using the Site, you consent to this transfer and to the use of the information as described herein.
- Changes to this Policy
- How to Contact Us